What is your perception of Death?

Posted by Hussein Adamally
As Steve Jobs rightly puts it, the greatest invention of them all is death.
The minute you mention this word, there is a hush. No one wants to discuss it. People are afraid; they get scared if you joke about death. It’s like a sacrilege. As we grow old we spend years in fear of death. When someone is sick, I see people whispering in hushed tones, with all this, the sick person will die much faster.
When a person is very sick, people conduct religious rites, grim, serious-looking priests, poojaris chanting scary prayers, mantras. All this can give shivers to any living man. He would rather die faster than go through all these rituals.

If there is one certainty in life it’s death. Dying is something, we all must do.

If we openly discuss, joke, think and talk rationally about death, it could make things easier for all. Here, the priests and doctors must give the lead.
Every doctor knows he can never prevent death, so he must do his best to see that his patients live the best quality life (body and mind), and then achieve the best quality of death whenever the time comes.

I have seen Mother Theresa with many dying people. She would hold their hands firmly in hers no tears, no chanting of prayers, nothing but pure simple genuine love. The dying person, scared, and at times crying, would slowly relax; his clutch on her hand would ease. Slowly the fear would change to comfort then turn into a beautiful smile, a combination of trust, thankfulness, and hope, and this last rite would become part of nature’s design and end as wonderful experience for all.
Our upbringing, our religion, morals, our customs, all make us feel and believe that death is something very grim, and terrible.
I for one would love to die in my home, with all the things familiar to me and with which I have loved most of my life, my wife, my children, my dog, my bed. With a room full of love, warmth and all the people I have loved and enjoyed to the hilt all around me, it would be wonderful. I will be on my way for a meeting with my creator, with gratitude, hope and faith, maybe some tears, after all, I am human. I would want music played at my funeral.
So, all you lovely readers, every second, live life to the fullest, laugh a lot, love your family, love yourself, visit your parents give little and big gifts to beggars, doctors and millionaires.
Remember!

The only gift you will keep, are the ones you give away

Feed the poor and crows(they are not bad, just because they are black and don’t have lovely voices) take the affectionate dog in your street to a vet, give them shampoo and milk, and a nice meal. He will wag his tail a million times with affectionate gratefulness.
Forgive all those who hurt you, be more compassionate, be loving in your relationships, stop losing your temper, be sensitive about how others feel( I know few who say I don’t know how!), try not to get into arguments, sit alone and think coolly and calmly, what is it that you want in life, drop everything that you really do not care for, drop all negative feelings, Set your priorities, Want what you have! Want money! but don’t be a slave to it!
All these are so simple things to do, but people are in such a tearing hurry, running in circles running their own mental and physical health as also of those close to them and connected to them(personally and professionally).
When you share your wealth, your possessions, your love, your affection and your knowledge, instead of decreasing, it will keep increasing. Your life will become beautiful and I guarantee you, that you will never be scared of death or life thereafter.

Hakuna-Matata is the title song of the famous cartoon film “The Lion King”, which means
“No worries for the rest of your days”