Success City


One of the most important lessons you can learn on your road to success is that failure is not a final destination, but rather a place you pass through on your way to achieving your goals.

Here is a picture to show you what I mean:

This simple picture illustrates a number of very important points about the relationship between failure and success:
1. There is only one road to Success City
2. The road to Success City passes through FailureVille
3. One of the main reasons people never reach Success City is because they are so afraid of driving through FailureVille that they never begin their journey.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     
So what does this mean in the real world?
It means that failure is not the opposite of success as many people assume. On the contrary, failure is an important part of achieving success. In fact, it is usually through the process of trying and failing that we learn the lessons we need in order to ultimately achieve our goals in life.
My favorite quote regarding the relationship between failure and success comes from the legendary basketball player Michael Jordan:

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan

When you understand the fact that success lies on the other side of failure you will be much better prepared for the journey that leads to achieving your most important life goals.