Dear Mom & Dad: Advice to Parents from a 13 year old

Happy week to everybody.

My wife came across a book of poems written by our son Darren when he was 13 years of age. (He’s 18 now). I have selected one that is very close to my heart, It’s titled “Advice to my parents”, which I would like to share with you today

Dear Mom and Dad,

It’s not the same as before,
Rock music, drugs and wild parties, all may seem easy to conquer and explore.
Be not afraid, as neither my love for racing nor the new game of love I found, will not lead me astray.
The tolerance and patience, you have molded me with, will be my shining star.
Computer games or Internet, Hot chicks or rocking parties, none of them will corrupt me.
As your son’s got self-discipline and I shall behold the memories of childhood as time flies away.

The moral of this post.
We live in a society where values are not in abundance. Many kids lack discipline and respect for elders. My wife and I have spent a lot of time with our kids to teach them humility, respect and discipline. I may not have Millions in the Bank, but I am blessed with 2 awesome kids and a great wife, and I feel like a million bucks!

“Good influences will create good teens, just as much as bad influences create bad teens”